About the Program
The Diploma in Ministry Studies (DMS) is a 39-credit hour non-degree program requiring a minimum of 2 years and a maximum of 5 years for completion. The DMS is designed for men and women over the age of 18 who are serving on a church staff, in other ministry positions, and/or volunteering in ministry. This ministry studies online program provides an opportunity for students, NOT seeking a degree, to develop servant leadership skills for local church ministry, as well as competencies in Bible and church history. Ministry classes may be completed in two years, although students may take longer due to family, church, and job responsibilities. This program is not available for students who have an undergraduate degree.
- Graduates will demonstrate a basic knowledge of the Bible and how to study and apply the biblical texts.
- Graduates will demonstrate a basic understanding and appreciation of church history and historical core doctrines of the Christian faith.
- Graduates will demonstrate an understanding of the theology of the five purposes of the church and their application to developing a growing and healthy church.
- Graduates will demonstrate an understanding of how to share the gospel in a variety of forms and mediums.
- Graduates will demonstrate a commitment to a lifelong, intentional process of spiritual development and professional growth.
DIPLOMA IN MINISTRY STUDIES (DMS)
13 Courses – 39 credit hours – 3 hours per course