Name of Institution: Rockbridge Seminary
Address: 3111 E. Battlefield, Springfield, MO 65804
Year Founded: 2003 First Accredited: 2013
President: Tommy Hilliker, M.Div.
Rockbridge Seminary is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC). The Distance Education Accrediting Commission is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a recognized accrediting agency. The Distance Education Accrediting Commission is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Distance Education Accrediting Commission
1101 17th Street N.W., Suite 808
Washington, D.C. 20036
Phone: (202) 234-5100
Participation in Funding Programs:
Rockbridge does not participate in Title IV federal funding. Qualified military veterans may use GI Bill educational benefits to fund their Rockbridge education.
Missouri – As an accredited religious school, Rockbridge Seminary is exempt from oversight by the Missouri Department of Higher Education. Exemption is subject to periodic review of eligibility for continuance.
Rockbridge Seminary is an accredited degree-granting institution of higher learning that exists to develop servant leaders for Christian ministry through quality distance educational experiences that allow them to study and practice without leaving their ministry field.
Areas of Special Focus:
Rockbridge Seminary provides an innovative approach to seminary education that meets the needs of “new paradigm” churches.
Description of Institution:
Rockbridge Seminary offers four academic programs. Each program is designed to help develop servant leaders for Christian ministry through learning experiences that allow them to study and practice without leaving their ministry field.
- Active students: 171
- Total number of graduates: 364
- Graduated in 2018-2019 school year: 21
- Average age at graduation: 46
- 2019 Graduates from non-U.S. countries: 0
- Average faculty-to-student ratio for courses: 1:9
- Average Age at Enrollment: 43
- Gender: 76% male, 24% female
- Married: 87%
- Ethnic/Race: 75% Caucasian, 10% Black, 8% Hispanic, 6% Other
- Faith backgrounds: 38% Baptist, 37% non-denominational, 4% Reform, 10% other, 12% did not indicate.
- Seminary-related education debt incurred by graduates: 86% no debt, 7% less than $10,000, 7% $10k to $19k
- Virtual Library – includes subscription to 23,000 e-books, and 8 million EBSCO full text journal articles, 1 million full-text articles from InfoTrac, access to theological journals through Galaxie, and 190 open access theology journals, and other research databases.
- Diploma in Ministry Studies – Program Tuition is $4,377, $110/credit hour
- Master of Ministry Leadership – Program Tuition is $11,038, $225/credit hour
- Master of Divinity – Program Tuition is $16,432, $225/credit hour
- Doctor of Ministry – Program Tuition is $11,098, $282/credit hour
For more information on costs go to Tuition and Fees.
- Students achieving their learning goals: 98%
- Students who would recommend their studies to a friend: 98%
- Students who are satisfied with their studies: 98%
- Course completion rate: 97%
- Graduation Rates: 36% M.Div., 42% M.M.L., 33% D.M.S. (These percentages are based on the number of students in a specific cohort who graduate within 1.5 times the full-time program length. Many students take longer to finish their degree than the prescribed time for the program because of their involvement in ministry.)
- Graduates serving in a ministry role: 93%
For more information consult the Rockbridge Seminary Annual Report.
Filing a Complaint:
A student, professor, or staff member may file a formal complaint with Rockbridge Seminary over any issue that deserves formal investigation, including but not limited to sexual harassment or discrimination. The President of Rockbridge Seminary will receive the complaint and seek resolution within 30 days. If the complaint relates to the President of Rockbridge Seminary, the Chairman of the Board of Trustees will receive the complaint and seek resolution within 30 days.
To file a formal complaint, check here.
A student, professor, or staff member may also file a formal complaint with Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), the accrediting agency for Rockbridge Seminary. To contact DEAC:
Distance Education Accrediting Commission 1101 17th Street N.W., Suite 808 Washington, D.C. 20036
Phone: (202) 234-5100 Website: www.deac.org
If students are dissatisfied with the resolution, a complaint may also be filed with the Missouri Department of Higher Education and Workforce Development (DHEWD). For more information, please contact DHEWD at (573) 751-2361 or email@example.com.
For more information about filing a complaint through NC-SARA schools, use this link.