About the Program
The Master of Divinity (M.Div.) is a 76-credit-hour program requiring a minimum of 3 years and a maximum of 8 years for completion. The M.Div. is a professional degree designed for men and women with a bachelor’s degree who serve or desire to serve in such roles as ordained pastor, career missionary, and chaplain. Students in this divinity degree program develop competencies in Biblical studies, church history, theology, pastoral care, counseling, and preaching/teaching. The curriculum may be completed in three years, although many students take longer due to family, church, and job responsibilities. Learn how to become a pastor and discover how our Master of Divinity program stacks up against other divinity graduate programs. Contact us today or apply now – it only takes a few minutes.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of the nature and content of the Bible, a working methodology for biblical study and interpretation, and a clear formulation and personal integration of the student’s own understanding of the message of the Bible.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of the central doctrines of Christianity and of the historical models that have been used to articulate and apply them. Students will be able to formulate theological and ethical concepts in light of the heritage of the whole church and to apply these concepts in contemporary life situations.
- Graduates will demonstrate an understanding of Christian ministry founded on biblical mandates, informed by the church’s heritage and relevant to its present circumstances.
- Graduates will demonstrate a commitment to a lifelong, intentional process of spiritual development and professional growth.
- Graduates will demonstrate growth of the in areas related to God’s personal call that require further development.
MASTER OF DIVINITY (MDIV) PROGRAM
19 Courses – 76 credit hours – 4 hours per course