Multisite churches are becoming more and more common. No longer an experiment, multisite churches are a viable means for churches to expand their ministry. Patrick Trawick’s DMin Applied Research Project identified the critical components for effectively launching a campus for a multisite church. Trawick identified the following steps to a multi-sight launch strategy:
- The first step in launching a multisite campus is determining the need and location of a new campus.
- Once the need and location of a new campus have been determined, attention must then turn to staffing for the new campus.
- As the new campus is announced, an advertising campaign should be launched to let the community know about the upcoming launch.
- Whether a new campus is permanent or portable, new equipment and/or renovations must be ordered and installed prior to the launch.
- The central support staff of the church are a vital to the successful launch of a new campus.
- Throughout the pre-launch process, the new campus staff must recruit, train, and motivate leaders to help with the launch.
- A comprehensive timeline leading up to the launch should be developed and executed.
Trawick’s project also identified the successes and failures of multisite launches and provided rich insights for any church exploring expanding their ministry through multisite campus. For more information about this applied research project or the DMin program contact Dr. Mark.Simpson@Rockbridge.edu.
Year End Finances – Thank You
Thank you to all that gave generously this past month and put us over the top of our budgetary requirements with over $118,000 in donations. We are humbled by your support for our mission of developing servant leaders for Christian ministry.
Registration for T5 is Now Open
It is not too late to enroll in fall classes. Course offered this coming term include:
Diploma in Ministry Studies:
R1300 Developing the Focused Life (Touchstone)
D3351 Church History
W1301 Theology and Practice of Worship
R4300 Practicing the Focused Life (Capstone)
R5400 Developing the Focused Life (Touchstone)
D5451 New Testament Survey
E5403 Contemporary Evangelism
M5401 Theology & Practice of Ministry
M6405 Building an Effective Ministry Team
M6410 Pastoral Care
W5403 Preaching/Teaching for Life Change
R6400 Practicing the Focused Life (Capstone)
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.