We’re helping leaders from around the globe earn seminary degrees without leaving their current ministry assignments.
Stay home. Keep your job. Don’t uproot your family. Courses are scheduled in eight-week terms. You can take up to 6 courses per year…fewer if your schedule demands it.
A new kind of seminary experience
Many of our students found themselves torn between God’s calling for their current ministry position and their need for a seminary degree.
Rockbridge Seminary provides a path for both needs at once. In fact, your ministry will be strengthened by your studies and your success in our seminary will be determined by your growth in your own personal mission field.
Do you know a staff member who needs seminary training, but you don’t want to lose them while they are attending seminary? Equip your staff with practical skills that will impact your church today.
Are you that staff member?
Rockbridge students participate in a highly interactive community of learners from all over the world, offering a truly global Kingdom perspective. We’ll help shape a plan that suits each student’s personal calling. Progress will be aided by a local mentor from your ministry organization.
(3 year program)
The Master of Divinity (MDiv) is a professional degree designed for men and women who have a bachelor’s degree and are serving on a church staff or in other ministry positions. Students develop competencies in Bible, church history, doctrine, spiritual formation, as well as servant leadership skills required for local church ministry. The curriculum may be completed in three years, although many students take longer due to family, church, and job responsibilities. Is the Master of Divinity right for you? It only takes a few minutes to apply now.
MDiv Goals: Graduates will demonstrate:
- knowledge of the nature and content of the Bible, a working methodology for biblical study and interpretation, and a clear formulation and personal integration of the student’s own understanding of the message of the Bible.
- knowledge of the central doctrines of Christianity and of the historical models that have been used to articulate and apply them. Students will be able to formulate theological and ethical concepts in light of the heritage of the whole church and to apply these concepts in contemporary life situations.
- an understanding of Christian ministry founded on biblical mandates, informed by the church’s heritage and relevant to its present circumstances.
- an understanding of the process of spiritual formation.
- understanding the vision of the mission of the contemporary church, applying the purposes of the church to their specific ministry context.
- a commitment to a lifelong, intentional process of spiritual development and professional growth.
Summative Evaluation: Development of a portfolio that demonstrates the accomplishment of the program goals and competencies for ministry.