The Diploma in Ministry Studies (DMS) is a non-degree diploma designed for men and women over the age of 25 who are serving on a church staff or in other ministry positions. This ministry studies online program provides an opportunity to students, NOT seeking a degree, to develop servant leadership skills for local church ministry, as well as competencies in Bible and church history. Ministry classes may be completed in two years, although students may take longer due to family, church, and job responsibilities.
If you’re considering ministry schools, read on to find out if our Diploma in Ministry Studies is right for you.
- Graduates will demonstrate a basic knowledge of the Bible and how to study and apply the biblical texts.
- Graduates will demonstrate a basic understanding and appreciation of church history and historical core doctrines of the Christian faith.
- Graduates will demonstrate an understanding of the theology of the five purposes of the church and their application to developing a growing and healthy church.
- Graduates will demonstrate an understanding of how to share the gospel in a variety of forms and mediums.
- Graduates will demonstrate a commitment to a lifelong, intentional process of spiritual development and professional growth.
DMS Degree Plan:
Touchstone Course (3)
The Theology & Practice of Worship (3)
The Theology & Practice of Fellowship (3)
The Theology & Practice of Discipleship (3)
The Theology & Practice of Ministry (3)
The Theology & Practice of Evangelism (3)
Old Testament Survey (3)
New Testament Survey (3)
Church History (3)
Biblical Hermeneutics (3)
Preaching & Teaching for Life Change (3)
Contemporary Evangelism (3)
Capstone Course (3)
Total Hours 39