About the Program
The Master of Ministry Leadership degree (MML) is a professional degree designed for men and women who have a bachelor’s degree and are serving on a church staff or in other ministry careers. The focus of this ministry degree online program is on developing servant leadership skills for local church ministry. It is particularly suited for those who studied Bible and theology in their bachelor’s program. The curriculum in this online Master’s degree in Ministry program may be completed in two years, although many students take longer due to family, church, and job responsibilities.
- Graduates will demonstrate an understanding of how to lead a church in nurturing the spiritual life and worshiping God.
- Graduates will demonstrate understanding in leading a church in developing effective relationships with others.
- Graduates will demonstrate understanding of how to lead a church or ministry to study the Bible and help others grow spiritually.
- Graduates will demonstrate how to lead a church in equipping and mobilizing others for ministry.
- Graduates will demonstrate understanding of how to lead a church in sharing the faith in word and deed.
- Graduates will demonstrate a commitment to a lifelong, intentional process of spiritual development and professional growth.
- Graduates will demonstrate growth in areas related to God’s personal call that require further development.
MML Program Breakdown
|Touchstone Course: Developing the Focused LIfe |
Examine your call to ministry and assess your ministry skills
|Theology & Practice of Worship|
Study the biblical foundations, theology, and history of worship.
|Theology & Practice of Fellowship|
Understand God’s purpose for fellowship.
|Theology & Practice of Discipleship|
Develop a comprehensive program of discipleship
|Theology & Practice of Ministry|
Understand how to equip and deploy people in ministry.
|Theology & Practice of Evangelism|
Learn how to develop spiritual friendships and reach your community for Christ.
Develop and assemble projects based on your learning objectives and competencies.
|Capstone Course: Practicing the Focused Life|
Assess and analyze growth in your ministry skills
Electives (5 classes, 20 hrs. See Catalog for all of the possibilities to customize your degree)
Total: (13 classes, 52 hrs)