Name of Institution: Rockbridge Seminary
Address: 3111 East Battlefield Rd., Springfield, MO 65804
Year Founded: 2003 First Accredited: 2013
President: Daryl R. Eldridge, Ph.D.
Distance Education Accrediting Commission
1101 17th Street N.W., Suite 808
Washington, D.C. 20036
Web site: http://www.deac.org
Association for Biblical Higher Education
5850 T.G. Lee Blvd., Suite 130
Orlando, FL 32822
Web site: www.abhe.org
Rockbridge Seminary is approved to operate in most U.S. states and internationally, either through general or specific approvals, licensure, registration, consent or exemption. In some cases, specific statements are required as follows:
Arkansas: Rockbridge Seminary has received a Letter of Exemption from Certification issued by the Arkansas Department of Higher Education to offer church-related degrees. For more information, please contact the Arkansas Department of Higher Education at 501-371-2000.
Maryland: Rockbridge Seminary is registered with the Maryland Higher Education Commission. As such, the seminary is subject to investigation of complaints by the Office of the Attorney General or the Maryland Higher Education Commission. Rockbridge Seminary students from Maryland should direct complaints to: Maryland Attorney General, Consumer Protection Division, 200 St. Paul St., Baltimore, MD 21202, 410-528-8662/888-743-0823 (toll free)
Missouri: Rockbridge Seminary is certified to operate by the Missouri Coordinating Board for Higher Education. A formal grievance may be filed with the Missouri Department of Higher Education (MDHE). For more information, please contact MDHE at (573)751-2361.
Because of state regulations related to online education, Rockbridge Seminary is unable to accept applicants from the following: Alabama, District of Columbia, New Jersey, US Virgin Islands, or Wyoming.
Rockbridge Seminary is an accredited degree-granting institution of higher learning that exists to develop servant leaders for Christian ministry through learning experiences that allow them to study and practice without leaving their ministry field.
Areas of Special Focus
Rockbridge Seminary provides an innovative approach to seminary education that meets the needs of “new paradigm” churches.
Description of Institution
Rockbridge Seminary offers four academic programs. Each program is designed to help develop servant leaders for Christian ministry through learning experiences that allow them to study and practice without leaving their ministry field.
- Active students:174
- Total number of graduates: 209
- Graduated in 2014: 18
- Average faculty-to-student ratio for courses: 1:10
- Graduates from non-U.S. countries: 3
- Gender: 78% male, 22% female
- Seminary-related education debt incurred by graduates: none
- Faith backgrounds: 39% Baptist, 50% non-denominational, 6% Reformed
- Average age at graduation: 45
- Students achieving their learning goals: 97%
- Students who would recommend their studies to a friend: 98%
- Students who are satisfied with their studies: 97%
- Course completion rate: 96%
- Program Completion Rates: 54%-MDiv, 61%-MML, 50%-DMS
- Alumni serving in a ministry role: 95%
- Alumni service status: 69% full-time ministry, 10% part-time ministry by choice, 10% bivocational ministry, 2% volunteer, 5% unemployed, 4% other